Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An Apology Worth Reading

I think that it’s about time for someone to step up and say something on this issue. This letter is for the people who hate the Christian faith because of its people. On behalf of these hypocrites that are also self-proclaimed “Christians”, I am so very sorry. I would like to explain to whoever might be reading this the differences in a true Christ follower and a wishy-washy so-called Christian.
                In this day and age, you can’t be too careful about the people you trust or the people you look to as an example in your life. How do you know who you can rely on? Well, I will tell you one thing- you can’t rely on some two-faced, judgmental, self-righteous jerk whose Facebook religious status says “Christian”. The truth of the matter is that he or she is NO such thing. And the people who are looking at us on a daily basis can’t really identify who is and who is not true in their faith; however, other Christians can smell an imposter from a mile away. Their stench is so fowl among our fellowship that it is like a corpse that has been rotting in the heat of the Sun for weeks. They bring a bad name to the church family, and they cannot be trusted.
                I’m not saying that I’m perfect by any means. I have judged others and hurt people close to me. I’ve said things that I shouldn’t have and acted ugly toward people that got on my bad side. But I did it without even thinking at times, and I felt horrible afterward. I apologize when I know that I am wrong or have done wrong to someone, even if I do not really like that person. As a Christian, you make mistakes just like everyone else. We’re human too. We strive to be perfect even though it is not possible on this earth. But we were made in God’s image and worth so much more than the world believes us to be. I’ve heard people say, “I HATE Christians. They are such hypocritical, closed-minded fools. They think they’re better than everyone else.” It hurts when I hear others say that. I am Baptist. I’ve seen people of the Baptist segment of the church look at newcomers of their sanctuary as if they were dirt under their feet… but I want to let you know that they’ll get theirs because the same God that they publically proclaim to worship will put them in their places. They will be punished for their foolishness, whether it be karma that gets them or God Himself that decides their soul’s fate. They are the reason you are so confused and dissatisfied with the faith of a Christ follower.
Sin is sin, and God’s second greatest commandment is to love your fellow man. That means that you are commanded to love every person on this earth- people of different colors, people of different beliefs, people of various cultures or backgrounds. People who have been abused and the abuser alike, addicts and former, prostitutes and pimps. We are all journeying through life together. There is no such thing as being better than another person. If you want me to get real with you, no one’s crap smells like roses. And if you’re reading this, and you are the person I’m talking about thinking you’re better than someone else, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You are the reason my God has been given a bad name. You are the reason people are dying, not knowing that someone so divine loves us all, even though none of us in this world are even close to deserving of it. Christianity is a peaceful relationship with your maker. It isn’t a religion where people should be damned by their community because they made a mistake or don’t go to church on Sundays.
Forgiveness is key in following Christ because we have been forgiven. The difference in my God and someone else’s god is that mine was crucified and rose again 3 days later- He is still alive! Don’t believe me? 500 hundred witnesses were reported seeing Jesus after 3 days of being deceased. He was alive and had no scarring or marks from his horrible death. He appeared to two women before the 500 saw Him, and His shrouds lay just as they had when they were wrapped around his body. You couldn’t even try to convince me that my God is a God of wrath and only wrath. He loves us, which means that we should love each other. That man in the cubical next to yours at work whispers lies and rumors to you about your boss, then turns around and goes to church on Sundays praising God.  And he is a Christian!? I don’t think so, and I would like to apologize for his kind of person’s behavior. People like him are a scary thing. In my faith, I believe that being a good example to others is extremely significant, especially for those who do not have a relationship with God. As long as you are still breathing, you are always welcome to start loving the Lord. But overall, I do want every one of you out there to know and recognize that not everyone that says they are a Christian really is one. The world is becoming more evil by the day. We have to start watching our backs and picking our friends more wisely. Thank you for reading this. I felt that it needed to be said.

                                                               Sincerely,
                                                                          B. Hartman

No comments:

Post a Comment