Monday, August 1, 2011

Your Skin Is An Empty Canvas

Wow, so I never thought that I would be blogging on the subject of tattoos, but I've been thinking about getting one for a while now and need some feedback on which tattoo design people think would best fit me. There are a few reasons I haven't gotten any ink done yet, one being that my boyfriend of over two years does not like them. Of course I want to be respectful of his wishes, while being able to do what I would like to. Another reason is finance; I just haven't had the money to have one done. And finally, there is the fact that I just cannot decide what I would like to have permanently branded into my skin! I mean... it is permanent, as in forever. I've had plenty of ideas for a tattoo floating around in my brain, and I've thought them through very carefully.

Below are sketches that I have drawn out in a small notebook that have turned my mental blueprints into concrete visuals. Although some of these tattoo designs may be common, each one has a meaning which is significant to myself and has not been forged or plagiarized from anyone else.


Sketch 1: A dying tree with stars growing from its branches and flying off of and away from the tree.


Sketch 2: An open bird cage with a bird flying away from its open door.


Sketch 3: A bible verse that has always stuck with me, very symbolic in my life.


Sketch 4: An anchor with a small heart attached to it by a rope.

Now, I need help! I can't decide which one to get done. The placement of any of these will be dependent on which one I choose. I'd really appreciate opinions and comments on the ideas I have. I've definitely thought this through, and I know what I'm getting myself into if I decide to go through with it. Which means negative responses are unnecessary. Thanks! (:

With Love,
                  Britt.

2 comments:

  1. Your drawings are great! I am deciding my next tattoo, I keep thinking birds, feathers still unsure. I like the tree most of all, the wording too. It's a little late this comment -did you get a tattoo done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I haven't gotten any tattoos yet. I just haven't been able to afford one because I have so many other things that always pop up when I'm trying to save. I love feather tattoos! And depending on the type of bird tattoo, I like that idea. It's been a couple of months since your comment; did you happen to decide what you were getting?

    ReplyDelete